Co-op Academy Failsworth – Transition day arrangements
We look forward to welcoming our new cohort of Year 7 students to the Academy on Wednesday 29th June 2022 8.30am – 4pm
Our transition day will be held on Wednesday 29th June.
- Students should arrive at 8.30am for an 8.45am start at the Sports Centre entrance.
- Students should wear their Primary School PE kit as they will take part in a PE lesson on the day.
- Pupils will experience 5 different lessons during the day. The day is designed to give them an introduction to life at Co-op Academy Failsworth.
- We will be providing food for break and lunch to all students. A selection of hot and cold lunch items will be served and there will also be vegetarian options.
- Students should bring a bottle of water with them and this can be refilled throughout the day. No fizzy drinks or juice is allowed in school. Please bring plain water.
IMPORTANT: You may wish to send your child to school with a packed lunch on transition day especially where there are dietary requirements or allergies that we are not fully familiar with.
End of the Day arrangements:
Pupils will have a celebration assembly at the end of the school day. They will then be dismissed at 4pm from the same entrance they arrived.
Please ensure that your child is aware of how you want them to travel home. Make sure they know where they are to meet you if you are picking them up and that they are to wait if you are not there. Equally if you are allowing them to walk home by themselves it is very important that you rehearse the journey with them or make sure that they can do this by themselves.