Uniform shows that we are in a community. Wearing it says we’re all in this together
Academy uniform is compulsory and must be worn at all times in school and on the way to and from school; when representing the school and at any other time specified by the Academy. 24 hour slips are issued if an item of uniform is incorrect and parents are informed via text message.
Students must wear their uniform correctly.
All uniform and property brought into school must be clearly marked with the owner’s name and family. The school cannot be held responsible for any private property.
Where to buy
The Academy uniform can be purchased from Zutti’s who have both a website and a local shop in Oldham on Yorkshire Street.
- Failsworth School Blazer
- Failsworth School Jumper
- Failsworth Year Tie
- Plain White Shirt
- Plain black trousers (No jeans, skinnys, canvas or linens)
- Plain black pleated skirt, knee-length
- Plain black socks, no frills or patterns.
Plain black flat leather / leather like business type footwear (Not suede, nubuck, large logos, patterns or coloured markings).
No boots above the ankle, trainers or canvas pumps.
PE Kit (Year 8 can continue to wear the blue version)
- Black Failsworth Polo Shirt
- Black Failsworth Shorts
- Plain Black Football Style Socks
- Trainers (No Converse, Toms, Vans, Keds or any other pumps or fashion trainer)
- Gum Shield (Optional)
Additional Kit Items
- Plain Black Tracksuit Bottoms
Watches are allowed, but other kinds of jewellery may not be worn.
Students with pierced ears may wear one pair of small sleeper/ studs – 5mm or less in diameter, and only in gold, silver, black or diamante.
No other visible piercings are allowed.
Plasters or other coverings over a piercing are not acceptable.
Sunglasses should not be worn in school.
We don’t allow students to wear make up of any kind. This includes
- Mascara, foundation, lipstick or any other cosmetic product
- False tan
- False eyelashes
- False and painted nails
Hair for boys and girls should be neat and tidy.
Only plain black headbands and bobbles.
Extreme hairstyles are not permitted e.g. Tramlines, shaved patterns or bright non-natural colours.
A suitable rucksack is necessary for carrying books and equipment. Plastic bags and handbags are not suitable.
Every pupil should bring the following everyday equipment; a pencil case, a black or blue pen, a green pen, a pencil, a ruler, a rubber and a calculator.
These are not part of school uniform. Pupils are required to come to school wearing the correct footwear- NOT trainers.
- Coats must be big enough to be worn over the blazer and need to be longer than the blazer.
- Any other outer wear (sweatshirts/hooded tops, cardigans, jumpers) that is not part of school uniform should not be worn in school and will be confiscated and returned at the end of the day.
Coats cannot be worn in school except in periods of extreme cold when students will be informed of the change.
We may also make uniform announcements in the event of very warm weather.
No caps/hooded sweatshirts/hoodies at all anywhere in school, they will be confiscated.