Key Changes For September 2021(Lateral Flow Testing Updates)
Key changes for September
I am writing to inform you of the key changes that have just been released. The major changes are at step 4 and from September:
- ● It will no longer be necessary to keep students in consistent groups/bubbles.
- ● Contact tracing will be done by NHS Test and Trace and not the academy.
- ● From 16 August children under 18 will no longer be required to self isolate if they arecontacted by the NHS Test and Trace as a close contact of a positive Covid 19 case.They will be advised to take a PCR.
- ● Face coverings will no longer be advised for pupils, students, staff and visitors inclassrooms or communal areas.
- ● Face coverings are also no longer recommended on dedicated transport to theacademy and students are no longer legally required to wear masks on publictransport.
- ● We maybe asked to revert back to bubbles and masks in the academy on local scaleby public health if we have an outbreak locally.
We will still need to:
- ● Ensure good hand hygiene for everyone and follow the ‘catch it, kill it, bin it’ for respiratory hygiene.
- ● Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes.
- ● Keep occupied space well ventilated.
- ● Follow public health advice on testing, self isolation and managing confirmed cases.
Public Health advice we will follow is:
- ● Students should not come into the academy if they have symptoms of Covid and seek a PCR test.
- ● Students should not come into the academy if they test positive.
- ● All students will be offered two onsite LFTs in September on a consent basis.
- The academy, as per guidance, will need to implement a staggered start to the term to offer this.
- ● Students should still LFT twice a week to help limit the spread of Covid.
- ● If students have a positive LFT they should isolate and get a PCR test. If the PCR is taken within 48 hours of the LFT and comes back negative it can override the LFTresult and students can return to the academy.
Please see below our September reopening plans for each year group.